Thursday, April 28, 2005

Desk crit 5: Lauren

Hi Robin,
I enjoyed looking at your project, especially your
photographs and galleries. I like the fact that you brand your
photos, and how you've explored options for changing the style
sheet on the fly. I wanted to start learning CSS this semester
and found that it over-taxed my brain -- it is just a very
different way of thinking! So, I cannot begin to know how
you managed to do it! I like how your flash piece integrates
with the the look and feel of the site, and would maybe like
to have one fewer color block element in the blue theme --
maybe the violet on the left side which is very close in value
to the blue that is used for the link blocks. I like the
colors and the background image in the blue theme, but the green
theme colors seemed to be placed or used in a way that better
conveys structure and hierarchy. If that makes any sense.

I also agree with some of the other comments you have received
that it would be nice to have the opening flash piece freeze
on the title a little longer before going into the gallery.

Thanks for sharing your site -- I would really appreciate any
suggestions you could offer on my 6190 project.
Thanks!
Lauren